Sunday, October 27, 2013

101 in 1001: #70 Texas State Fair

I have lived in Texas for ten years and I had never been to the State Fair. Apparently, that's sac religious. I've always said I would go someday but just never did because it just never worked out for one reason or another. But this year, I went, and it was... okay

I don't really get the big fuss around it. It's expensive, crowded and you leave with your feet hurting and a tummy ache. Sure, some of the food is good but why must you ruin some things by frying them? I. Don't. Get. It.

While I don't think I will be going back anytime soon, I did have fun with a good friend!

My friend Sarah and I with Big Tex.
(Also, my first corn dog. It was eh.)

Carver Dan with one of his pumpkin carvings. 
Kinda. Cool.

The Ferris Wheel. 
(Still not quite sure how I felt about that experience)

Fried S'mores.
(Or really just friend chocolate and marshmallow fluff)

Funnel Cake & Fried Pickles.
(I will admit, this was my happy place. So. So. Good.)

Baby Giraffe!

This stud of a Kangaroo.




No comments:

Post a Comment